Saturday, December 8, 2007

Bloggerexia

I haven't blogged in a month! Trust me, giving up Diet Coke is not the most exciting thing to happen in the last month! I guess I'm just not as committed as my sister, Julie (by committed, I mean obsessed!).
Garrett and I just got back from a whirlwind trip out west. We flew from Atlanta to Chicago, where our 45 minute layover turned into about 45 seconds, then on to Las Vegas. Mom and Big Papa picked us up for our 2 hour car ride to Leeds, Utah (sounds crazy, but was so worth it!). Garrett was such a trooper.
We had Thanksgiving with my parents and my brother and his family . It was perfect! It was such a treat to see them all and it was really nice to have a small group for Thanksgiving. I love the whole group, but being the youngest of such a large family I start to get "Cindy Brady Syndrome". I secretly wonder if I'm going to end up at the kid table. I'm 30, I'm a mom, but some things stick with you.
We were able to see the rest of the family as they past through on the way to other destinations. Garrett played with all his cousins and had a great time. He was very lost in the fact that the mountains were so big and there were no trees. I guess he's been in Georgia for too long...no mountains and way too many trees!
When our 2 and a half weeks were up, we headed to Las Vegas to catch our flight home to Atlanta via Chicago...whew!

(I would include pictures, but we just had our computer "fixed" again and I can't download anything. Visit Julie's blog and imagine us in some of her pictures!)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P.S. I am no longer off the sauce thanks to Diet Cokes biggest "pusher"! You know who you are! I am holding you personally responsible for my sleepless nights!

10 comments:

Julie said...

Ok, first of all (sip) you dodged my camera all week!(sip) So there would have been documentation (sip) if you had allowed it. Second of all (sip)I'm not sure if you are insinuating that I (sip) had anything to do with your lack of (sip) will power (crack open a new can...sip)you would be sadly mistaken! As mentioned in a previous comment (sip) I do not have a drinking problem.

Julie said...

ps- clever title! Never be blogerexic again!!!

Julie said...

...and just 1 more thing...it was great to see you!! Thanks for the visit!

jackie said...

Cute comments(sip). I do tend to dodge cameras(sip), but at least people can see Garrett and the rest of the(sip) family. I am not blaming you for my lack of will(sip) power, however(sip), you did partake of(sip) my particular drink of choice(sip,sip) right in front of me. You then proceeded to "casually" leave a few behind!! (sip) Accident? I think not! (gulp, gulp, gulp...crush the can and burp!...Just joking, I don't crush the can...jeez!)

Julie said...

LOL!!! YA, that would be tacky! Cheers!

Roberta said...

I am laughing so hard right now. You two are funny! I am so grateful to have so many witty, beautiful, blogging and non-blogging sisters. OK, and a hilarious brother, too. It must get come from Mom!

Roberta said...

Oops...ignore my typo because I don't know how to get in and fix it.

Mom & Dad Primm said...

I love to (sigh)listen to you girls get silly. The most fun in the world. And, by (sigh) the way, I was also overcome by the forbidden (sigh) sauce and it has been a (sigh)temptation to continue, but I have been clean and caffeine(sigh) free since I got home. It was(sigh) easy. I live with an ex(cry out loud) cokaholic.

Element Spaces said...

Wow, thats a lot of time spent on diet coke talk!

jackie said...

It is a lot of Diet Coke talk! When you love something as much as we love our "fix"...